For details of Visa Requirements for India, please refer link: https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/AnnexI_01022018.pdf
For Visa Application process, please refer link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/
For eVisa Applications: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Among the SCO countries, India currently offers e-Visa facility for ordinary passport
holders of the following countries:
1. Kazakhstan 2. Kyrgyzstan 3. Russia 4. Tajikistan 5. Uzbekistan 6. Belarus 7. Mongolia
8. Sri Lanka 9. Armenia 10. Azerbaijan 11. Cambodia 12. UAE 13. Myanmar
For Regular/Paper Visa Applications at Indian Missions abroad, please refer link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
Countries with which India has operational VISA Exemption Agreement for holders
of Diplomatic, Official Passports
|S.NO.||COUNTRY NAME||CATEGORY OF PASSPORT||VISA FREE STAY|
|1||Kazakhstan||Diplomatic & Official||30 Days|
|2||Kyrgyzstan||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|3||China||VISA Required||VISA Required|
|4||Russia||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|5||Pakistan||VISA Required||VISA Required|
|6||Tajikistan||Diplomatic & Official||30 Days|
|7||Uzbekistan||Diplomatic Passports||60 Days|
|8||Belarus||Diplomatic & Official||Not specified|
|9||Mongolia||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|10||Iran||Diplomatic Passports||30 Days|
|11||Nepal||All Passports||Not specified|
|12||Cambodia||Diplomatic & Official||60 Days|
|13||Sri Lanka||Diplomatic & Official||30 Days|
|14||Turkey||Diplomatic only||90 Days|
|15||Azerbaijan||Diplomatic, Official & Service||90 Days|
|16||Armenia||Diplomatic only||90 Days|
|17||Saudi Arabia||VISA Required||VISA Required|
|18||Qatar||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|19||Egypt||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|20||UAE||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|21||Myanmar||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|22||Maldives||Diplomatic, Official||90 Days|
|23||Bahrain||Diplomatic & Official||90 Days|
|24||Kuwait||Diplomatic & Official||60 Days|
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has issued Guidelines for International Arrivals India in context of COVID-19 pandemic and updated the same from time to time. The present guidelines are being revised in light of sustained declining COVID-19 trajectory and significant advances being made in COVID-19 vaccination coverage both globally as well as in India.
Planning for Travel
- All travelers should preferably be fully vaccinated as per the approved primary schedule of vaccination against COVID-19 in their Country.
- In-flight announcement about the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic including precautionary measures to be followed (preferable use of masks and following physical distancing) shall be made in flights/travel and at all points of entry.
- Any passenger having symptoms of COVId-19 during travel shall be isolated as per standard protocol i.e. the said passenger should be wearing a mask, isolated and segregated from other passengers in flight/travel and shifted to an isolation facility subsequently for follow up treatment.
- De-boarding should be done while ensuring physical distance.
- Thermal screening should be done in respect of all the passengers by the health officials present at the point of entry.
- The passengers found to be symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated taken to a designated medical facility as per health protocol (as above).
- All travelers should self-monitor their health post arrival and also shall report to their nearest health facility or call National helpline number (1075)/ State Helpline Number in case they have any symptoms suggestive.
Local (Sub-urban) Trains
- There are three lines: The Central, Western and Harbour lines. The Central and Harbour cross over at Dadar junction if you need to make a change. Check the train schedule on m-indicator mobile app for an idea of timings and platforms for the train. Tickets usually cost upwards of INR 10 all the way to INR 30-35 to get to the very edge of the city.
- BEST Buses will take you around the city often for less than INR 20. You’re in for a real treat if you manage to catch a double-decker! Buses tend to have their numbers and destinations displayed on the front, but only in Marathi. The English version is on the left-hand side near the back door. Once again, you can figure out which bus number to look out for on m-indicator mobile app. A conductor on the bus will ask you for your destination and give you your ticket and your change. Tickets usually range from INR 10-30 depending on the length of your journey.
- Taxis in Mumbai are readily available for hire. For booking Mumbai cabs, you can make online cab booking through commuting apps (Ola,Uber etc). Also , black and yellow colour Taxis can be booked at the Road corners and Squares without the need for mobile app. You can book an outstation cab, an airport cab, or a local cab. Taxi base fare the minimum fare for a distance of 1.5 km is ₹28
Currency | Cards
- It may be noted that Indian Rupee (INR) is the only legal tender in India.
- Major bank cards (Visa, MasterCard, RuPay) are accepted in almost all establishments including hotels, restaurants, retail stores, etc. ATMs are available in Airports, Railway Stations, Malls, etc.
- The main currencies of exchange are US$ and Euros. It is advised to exchange the currency from authorized currency exchanges only. It is requested to present one’s passport while exchanging currency.